West Park Hospital was a large psychiatric hospital. The hospital had been in planning since 1906, and by 1917 it was largely complete; however, the outbreak of war postponed opening until 1921.
The hospital was the last great London mental hospital, and the last of the Epsom Cluster, a group of five mental institutions on the Horton Estate to the west of Epsom
When complete the hospital could cater for around 2,000 patients of mixed class. The site had extensive boiler houses and plant rooms, a large laundry and a substantial water tower.
The hospital was slowly run down from the mid-1990s, and by 2003 most of the hospital was closed and derelict